Withering Flower [ ᱵᱟᱦᱟ ᱜᱚᱥᱚᱜ ] | Santali Poem

ᱡᱚᱦᱟᱨ, In this post we will be looking into a beautifully written piece of poetry titled " Withering Flower "  [ ᱵᱟᱦᱟ ᱜᱚᱥᱚᱜ ] by Mr. Siran Murmu. This piece of poetry is originally written in Santali language and it has been translated in English by Mr. Litai Hembram.

After reading this poem I have become a big fan of Mr. Siran Murmu's work. The way he crafted the lines of the poems with such deep meanings is literally amazing. I guarantee that you will also fall in love with his beautiful piece of poetry.

Withering Flower Santali Poem


ᱵᱟᱦᱟ ᱜᱚᱥᱚᱜ

ᱢᱟᱨᱟᱝ ᱚᱲᱟᱜᱨᱮ 
ᱥᱟᱹᱲᱤᱢ ᱪᱮᱛᱟᱱᱨᱮ,
ᱛᱚᱣᱟᱵᱟᱦᱟ ᱫᱩ-ᱭᱩ ᱰᱚᱞᱟᱣᱮᱱᱛᱤᱧ |

ᱱᱟᱞᱚᱢ ᱨᱟᱜᱟ ᱵᱤᱴᱤ
ᱱᱟᱞᱚᱢ ᱦᱚᱢᱚᱨ ᱜᱳ
ᱱᱚᱣᱟ ᱫᱷᱟᱹᱨᱛᱤ ᱵᱤᱴᱤ ᱱᱚᱝᱠᱟᱱᱜᱮᱫᱚ |

ᱵᱟᱦᱟ ᱢᱳᱷᱮᱹᱜ-ᱟ
ᱵᱟᱦᱟ ᱥᱟᱲᱚᱜ -ᱟ
ᱵᱟᱦᱟ ᱥᱟᱲᱚᱜ ᱵᱤᱴᱤ ᱵᱟᱦᱟ ᱜᱚᱥᱚᱜ ᱜᱳ,
ᱢᱚᱱᱮᱢᱚᱱᱮ ᱛᱮᱜᱮ ᱞᱟᱸᱵᱟᱣ ᱧᱩᱨᱩᱜ |

Withering Flower

On the very eaves
Of our large thatch those,
Oh, my mother ! my Towa flower
Faded away under the overnight cast.
Don’t cry, my darling,
Mourn not over it,
The mortal world of ours
The rule it says as like this.
The buds may grow
And lead them to bloom
The blooming flowers, my darling,
Fade under the wind and sun;
They wither away to nothing,
And is called the natural end.


Towa Baha: - A type of flower with multiple petals white in colour. it is of pure serene beauty embracing the serenity of the possessor.

DISCLAIMER: All credits for this poem go to the author Mr. Siran Murmu and the translater Mr. Litai Hembram. I am just sharing it with you all.

The Blooms Of the Clouds Siran Murmu Santali Poem

Siran Murmu Santali Poem


I hope you liked this poem as much as I do. You can read many more Santali Poems written by Mr. Siran Murmu in his published book " THE BLOOMS OF THE CLOUD " [ ᱫᱟᱜᱵᱟᱦᱟ ].

Post a Comment

0 Comments